Dear High School Administrators, Teachers, Guidance Counselors, and Students:
The One Hundred Black Men of NY Chapter is excited to invite your high school Juniors and Seniors to apply for the 2017 session of the Junior 100 Program. Students can apply online at http://bit.ly/JR100Application2016
This free 17-week enrichment program takes place on Saturdays from January 2017 - May 2017, and is an intense and broad program designed to expose Scholars to topics ranging from Entrepreneurship and Small Business, to Global Economics and Market Research. This program is managed in collaboration with Pace University and TD Bank, and the Saturday sessions take place at Pace University in downtown Manhattan, and the TD Bank boardroom located on Wall Street.
The mission of the Junior 100 program is to provide a world-class leadership and educational enrichment program that prepares high school students to become intellectually sophisticated citizens with a vigor for learning. The Junior 100 program is two-fold: Our team has worked to create a hybrid curriculum that provides opportunity for high school students to learn workforce readiness skills and receive an introduction to corporate careers and entrepreneurship.
For a snapshot of the 2016 Junior 100 Cohort, please view our short video.
- Reinforce the mission of One Hundred Black Men of New York: “The mission of One Hundred Black Men, Inc. is to play a proactive role in leveraging our collective talent, ability and energy toward achieving meaningful gains for the African American community. One Hundred Black Men initiatives focus on education through mentoring, wealth building strategies, fostering economic development and raising awareness of health issues affecting our communities.”
- Enhance life, leadership, communication, and team-building skills
- Expand awareness of college academia, entrepreneurship, and corporate careers
- Build capacity for diverse business and community leadership
2015 Past Program Outcomes
- 98% of the participants received paid internships or job shadowing stipends
- 100% of participating seniors graduated and are currently attending college
- All participating seniors received full or partial scholarships
We will frequently discuss relevant topics and conduct project critiques throughout the semester. We place a great deal of importance on instruction throughout the duration of the program and encourage scholars to actively participate in discussions.
The application for the 2017 Session of the Junior 100 Program is now available. We encourage students to apply online at http://bit.ly/JR100Application2016 for this popular program. The application DEADLINE is December 16th, 2016.
If you would like additional information about the program, please feel free to reach out to the One Hundred Black Men office at 212-777-7070 or email@example.com. We are available and would love to make a presentation at your school.
Junior 100 Program Committee
One Hundred Black Men
Follow us on Facebook
Like us on Twitter
Connect on Linkedin