2017 Clean Tech Competition is coming! Challenge your students! Win up to $10,000!
The Clean Tech Competition is an international research and design challenge for 15-18 year old pre-university students. This is a prestigious educational opportunity for students across the world that challenges students to be innovative while encouraging their passion for the sciences and we want to invite the students of New Dorp High School to participate in this year’s competition!
Each year, the Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- There is no entry fee.
- Registration begins in November 2016
- First Round consists of written Paper Submissions
- 10 Finalist Teams are selected, given a $200 stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 grand prize and ‘Continued Mentorship’
- Official Competition website www.cleantechcompetition.org
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to your country and schools, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with students, fellow educators, and parents. More official documents will be coming soon but now is the time to introduce them to the website and have them do a little research into past competitions. Our blog is a cache of information from a different angle as well and keep checking back for updates as they come.
2016 saw the largest competition ever and Clean Tech continues to grow! There were 392 teams from 19 different countries participated. Along with the 19 countries, the final round had four different nations represented and competing for first prize! And, we want students from New Dorp High School in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come!
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having participants representing New York in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come! Check the website for updates!
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“From young minds come fresh solutions”