SOTHEBY’S SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2016 PROGRAM
Sotheby’s, the only publicly traded global art auction house, is offering exceptional college students the opportunity to participate in a unique paid Summer Internship Program at our worldwide headquarters in New York City. The mission of the program is to offer interns the best professional and educational experience possible. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about; the inner workings of an auction house; great rarities and works of art; and potential industry careers.
Interns will be placed in either an art specialist or business department for 6 weeks, from Monday, July 18th, 2016 to Wednesday, August 24, 2016.
Founded in 1744, Sotheby’s is one of the best-known brand names in the world, with a rich history of selling extraordinary objects - from masterpieces such as Picasso’s Boy with a Pipe, to the fabled jewels of the Duchess of Windsor, to the archives of Martin Luther King Jr., to T-Rex skeletons. With regional hubs in New York, London, and Hong Kong, Sotheby’s operates in 87 offices spread over 40 countries. We emphasize global teamwork and ethical standards as we strive to achieve the highest quality customer experience for our clients around the world.
Our staff is passionate about their work in the fast paced, challenging, dynamic, and exciting global marketplace for great works of art. If you are interested in learning more about our business, visit our website www.sothebys.com.
- CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- A strong academic record in at least one of the following fields: Fine Arts, Business, Asian Studies, Liberal Arts, Languages
- Leadership and teamwork experience Curiosity and passion for learning
- A high emotional IQ and strong communication skills
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates must be in college. High school students, college graduates, and Master students are not eligible for this program.
- Candidates must be able to commit to the entirety of the 6-week program – Monday through Wednesday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.